Goal: The Legislative Commission on Health Care Access shall make recommendations to the legislature on how to achieve the goal of universal health coverage as described in section 62Q.165. The recommendations shall include a timetable in which measurable progress must be achieved toward this goal. The commission shall submit to the legislature by January 15, 2008, the recommendations and corresponding timetable.
- Subcommittees will each submit recommendations related to how their respective issues will improve the quality of the health care system for consideration by the full Commission.
- The Commission Co-Chairs will appoint subcommittee co-chairs and members. Below is an initial list of members for each working group. The Commission Co-Chairs may appoint additional members as necessary.
- Each working group will include a combination of legislators and private or non-profit sector advocates with expertise or interest in that area.
- The Commission Co-Chairs will outline the scope for each subcommittee and assign a deadline for final recommendations to be submitted to the Commission.
- Subcomittee Working Groups Include: