Home Page of the Elections Emergency Planning Task Force
The Elections Emergency Planning Task Force was created by the 2015 Legislature to research the following issues:
Minnesota Laws 2015, Chapter 70, Article , Section 61
- potential emergency scenarios that could impact elections;
- current capacity and authority to address emergency situations;
- potential direct and indirect costs of an emergency that disrupts elections;
- maintaining ballot security in the event of an emergency;
- continuity of office procedures; and
- communication plans and key emergency contacts.
The task force must submit a report by January 1, 2016 summarizing its findings and listing recommendations for the development of elections emergency plans statewide.
Elections Emergency Planning Task Force Report to the Legislature