Home Page of the Elections Emergency Planning Task Force
Elections Emergency Planning Task Force
The Elections Emergency Planning Task Force was created by the 2015 Legislature to research the following issues:
Minnesota Laws 2015, Chapter 70, Article , Section 61
- potential emergency scenarios that could impact elections;
- current capacity and authority to address emergency situations;
- potential direct and indirect costs of an emergency that disrupts elections;
- maintaining ballot security in the event of an emergency;
- continuity of office procedures; and
- communication plans and key emergency contacts.
The task force must submit a report by January 1, 2016 summarizing its findings and listing recommendations for the development of elections emergency plans statewide.
Elections Emergency Planning Task Force Report to the Legislature